How do people achieve their goals?
Hello I am Chris21ce from Second Life and I am here to talk about how people achieve their goals!
People can achieve their goals by first acquiring a vision. A vision in this sense is a clearly articulated picture of the future they intend to create for themselves. It's a dream! However, if that dream does not have appropriate direction then it will always remain a dream and will never become a reality. The vision must be based on passion, a love for what they want to do and the benefit it brings others as well as themselves. Without passion goals and objectives will not be achieved in the best form.
Next, they should look and analyze their goal in SMART fashion as follows:
* Specific - the goal must be specific and not general. For example, "My goal is to become an actor," This is specific. "My goal is to become a famous actor on TV, in a friendly community by 2018."
* Measurable - the goal must be measurable. How will you know your moving in the right direction? How will you know your making the appropriate progress, etc?
* Achievable - is the goal really achievable based on current circumstances?
* Realistic - is the goal realistic? In other words, my goal is to become Olympic decathlon athlete in the next Olympic games. Yet I am 100 years old. That's not realistic.
* Tangible - the goal must be something tangible. What will I specifically have at the end?
Thus, first acquire the vision. Then develop a road-map embedded with short-term goals and objectives that will lead to your overall goals and objectives. Lastly, give it 100% commitment dedication and perserverence until the goal becomes a reality.
If people use the above, and do it with passion, they can achieve mostly anything they put their mind to.